I have never read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I have always wanted to. I'm sure it'll make it on my list once I've graduated and have time to read for pleasure. While making yet another to-do list on my stickies, I ran across a quote I liked that I stole from someone that actually did read it:
"we accept the love we think we deserve."
I want to think about that a little more I think, but for some reason it resonates with me. Why is it that we are so much more willing to accept love from people when we know them or think they owe it to us, than from people who we haven't quite gotten comfortable with yet. Or even the people that we know. There's this level of trust that has to be there--mutual understanding and companionship.
On another note, I am trying to figure out what to do with my self-promos for portfolio class. They're due tomorrow, I'm blogging instead of working, and what I want to do I can't get done by tomorrow. I'm going to use Moleskine cahiers (nice fancy french word for notebook) in some form, I just keep getting new ideas and I can't decide whether to order black or the cardboard-brownish ones. I need to figure out if screen printing on black with a color would actually look good or not. Either that, or I might use cut-outs or stickers. I don't know....
I watched Be Kind, Rewind this weekend while I was up in KC for the AIGA Portfolio Review. I wasn't really sure I wanted to see it, but it was so funny. It's by the guy who directed The Science of Sleep and Eternal Sunshine, except it has Jack Black and is definitely more of a comedy than either of those. Any movie that references Ghostbusters is always a good idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I ADDED YOU.
I think I do the opposite, and it’s easier for me to accept love and appreciation from people who I don’t know very well, and I’m sometimes cynical of the love I get from people who know me the best. On that note: I’ve more appropriately linked you. I had it to your Xanga.
i clicked over to you through mostunlikely. Just wanted to say I loved that quote from Perks and thanks for reminding me of it. It is a great book. Hope you get around to it soon. :-)
Post a Comment