Tuesday, October 21, 2008

am I a terrible person if...

I don't vote? I know it's a rejection of the democratic process, etc. But, I'm not a huge Obama fan; sure, he's charismatic and I'd rather listen to him than someone else for the next 4 years, but I don't really agree with all of his platform. Now McCain--I just don't like McCain. At all.

The funny thing is, I'm completely ready to vote. I'm registered in Tennessee; I even looked up the locations of the early voting places, then realized that I don't even know who to vote for.

So do I vote for someone I like but don't agree with, do I vote for someone I despise, or do I throw my vote away on third party candidates that I don't know anything about?

5 comments:

johnny a said...

I'm in the same boat. I don't like Obama at all. But I'm not a fan of McCain either. I haven't decided if I want to just vote on my interpretation of the lesser evil, not vote, or "throw away" my vote on a third party. So many choices. It doesn't really matter though, as McCain is pretty set to sweep Arkansas. As he is in TN.
I still think Obama is gonna win though.

chris said...

Same here. I am ultimately impressed with neither. I guess the question is is it better to let everyone else decide?

Molly said...

You are a terrible person.

Obama 08.

*Chuckle, Chuckle*

Stephanie said...

actually... i couldn't agree with you more. i -really- dislike mccain. but i'm not sure that i want obama as president... so i conveniently forgot to write a letter to benton county to ask for an absentee ballot.

Unknown said...

I'd say vote for Obama. ^_^