Monday, December 29, 2008

books on tape [cd]

I've done a lot of driving lately. And I'm about to do about 12-14 hours more in 3 days to see my lovely sister while she's home from China. (run-on and I started with a conjunction...sue me.) I must admit, I have to bite my tongue quite often when I complain about below-freezing temperatures in Tennessee, considering Megan loves days that are above zero degrees. brr.

However, in order to pass my time in the car, I've resorted to books on tape [cd]. Sadly, I didn't think of this idea until I was about to head back to Nashville on Sunday afternoon, which meant that the library wasn't open and my only option was Cracker Barrel's book/exchange deal. Let us all take a moment to remember the typical patron of your local Cracker Barrel. Needless to say, I didn't recognize the names of any of the books or authors. I'm not too well-read (<--harassment freebie) in the romance/mystery genre. I did find an A Series of Unfortunate Events book, which I am enjoying quite thoroughly, Tim Curry narration and all. And never fear, if he uses a word or phrase that is particularly tricky or obscure, he'll fill you right in with the meaning.

That's right: educational and fun.















(can we also admire how nicely this book matches my blog?)

7 comments:

Water Sound in Forests said...

Yes, your life is filled with love. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Ah, Cracker Barrel. =)

Molly said...

You and your books on tape....:)

linda said...

you should listen to john ghrism(?) books. they're awesome. but beware: you'll be frantic at late-night truck stops

Leslye Smith said...

uh...(as lame as it sounds) sherlock holmes on tape is AMAZING (*i made my way through quite a few of them in the trans-AR/VA travels)

Stephanie said...

uuuuupdaaaaate! please?

Stephanie said...

if i have to read "books on tape [cd]" one more day i'm going to scream.