Sunday, March 22, 2009

well hey there!

so here's what I've been up to:

cardinology
Last Sunday, I went with my friend Stephanie to see Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I know he's all clean and happily married to Mandy Moore (seriously?) now, but I will admit that I was still hoping he'd flip out towards the end and throw a fit. But...he didn't. Just some good-natured profanity. And it was okay, because they played 33 songs, including a 3-4 song encore that started out with his Wonderwall cover, which I shamelessly love love love. I also might believe the inner-ear problems excuse for his soon-to-be concerting absence; I really thought he was going to lose his balance and fall over the whole show.

busy, busy
That is what work has been. I'm alright with it though, because it makes me feel productive and I get to make tons of lists of things to do everyday and cross them off. And who doesn't like making lists?

i heart pei wei
And I had a gift card...and a willing friend to help me use the gift card. Need I say more?

sedum limelight
I bought a plant for work to take the edge off the IKEA. Read the label on the way home and saw the words "full sun." My black, blinds-windowed, minimally-lighted office is just not going to cut it. He shall be a stay-at-home plant.


thrifty
After helping a couple friends search for a house to rent in East Nashville, we decided to hit up some of the Saturday garage sales, church parking lot sales, and thrift stores. I got two skirts for 50 cents each, and this lovely dress for $12. Now all I need is a garden party to attend.


the 5th annual gumbofest
This was my very first GumboFest experience, and my dear friends at the Farm did not disappoint. I'm already looking forward to GumboFest 2010. Come one, come all. I ate some chicken gumbo and some gator gumbo, and made small talk with 100+ friends and strangers until I remembered that I hate talking to people I don't know and went home. Also---found the baby in the king cake. Still not sure if it really counts since I picked the piece where I could see the baby poking its way out.


*This post brought to you by rule-breaking. Which is what I'm doing by breaking my personal rule of never posting something on a blog after 10pm. I tend to lose rationality past 10pm. oops.

1 comment:

Leslye Smith said...

i love your little plan&pot combo. what kind of plant is that? (...i have a new pot i need to fill...and i'm eying your greenery with a bit of jealousy...) :)